Monday, July 20, 2009

Postcards Home!

Greetings from Aguadilla! The group is having a great time and has been loving surfing with Tupi! Tony reported that all the students made it up on the surf board and rode a wave! Cat was able to take some new pictures and they've been posted with the rest (right hand column of this blog - don't forget you can click on the picture for a larger version).

Each student wrote a "digital postcard" home and they've been posted below - enjoy!

Dear whoever reads this,
Our PR group had a lot of fun over the past few weeks. The weather has been amazing and we just got to Tupi’s place. We can’t wait until we go surfing! Also ,we had a great time during our homestay. We met amazing people who were very nice to us and accepted us as their family.
From,
V

Dear Mom and Dad,
I’m having so much fun in Puerto Rico! The weather is really hot, but we are having lots of fun. We just left our homestays which was really sad, but now we are in Aguadilla and we are going to go surfing. Miss you and see you soon!
Love,
Imani

Dear Mom and Dad,
I’m having the best time of my life! This trip has been amazing although I’m missing home. We just finished our homestays and I miss everyone already. I can’t wait to see you!
Love,
Aly

Dear Mom and Dad,
Puerto Rico is still as amazing as ever! About an hour ago, we arrived in the backyard of Tupi’s house where we are going to spend the next three nights. Tupi is the dude who is going to teach us how to surf! I was super sad to leave homestays today, but I’m looking forward to riding the waves! Miss you guys and hope you’re having a good summer!
Love,
Gabi

Dear Mommy,
Right now I’m looking at one of the most amazing views! I miss you so much but it’s ok because I have a lot of stories to tell you when I come home.
Love,
Elon

Dear Mom and Dad,
I’m having so much fun in Puerto Rico! We have done so many things so far, including waterfall climbing, zip lining, snorkeling, and community service. We just left our homestays and my host family was really nice! See you soon!
Love,
Daria

Dear Mom and Dad,
The homestays went great! The family that my group stayed with was very nice and caring. The daily life is Boqueron is similar yet very different than our daily life. The Boqueron students were so friendly and they made us feel right at home!
Love you, miss you,
Anna Rose Brennan

Dear Mama and Poppa,
I’m sitting in the backyard of a really cool surfer right on the water, his name is Tupi. I thought about that name for my son later on. Dad, he’s got like 5 paddleboards (sea sweepers) and a couple of fun boards. Apparently he’s really good – I saw all his trophies. Hopefully he will teach me some new moves. Can’t wait to see you guys!
Love,
Thomas

Dear Mom and Dad,
I miss you. Puerto Rico is coolio! See you in Switz-town.
Love,
Jack

Dear Mom and Dad,
I just said a sad goodbye to my homestay family. I’m sure you’ll be happy to know that my homestay family was more than I could have wished for. They were the most generous family! I’ve mentioned this before and I’ll mention it again, the juices we drank every morning were to die for! I’m bringing home a pink hammock to remind me of all the days I spent on the beach in Puerto Rico. And I can’t wait to explain all my stories to you in person.
Lots of Love,
Simone

Hey Mom,
Just left the homestay now going to surf. Tell Ash I said she's missed. Tell Rich to shower and Puerto Rico is the best!
-Carlos